Privacy & Cookies Policy
Sonn Macmillan Walker (“We” “Us” “Our”) is a trading name of Sonn Macmillan Walker Ltd, a limited liability company registered in England and Wales (registration number 7879842) and with the Solicitors Regulation Authority number 566039.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Data Protection Act“), the data controller is Sonn Macmillan Walker whose registered office is at Rennie House, 57-60 Aldgate High Street, London, EC3N 1AL. Our Data Protection registration no. is Z7878390.
This policy has been updated to incorporate our new obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you enter details on our site (for example, via our enquiry function), requesting our services or newsletters or if you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information (if applicable), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our site.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and your browsing experience by ensuring that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to enable your use of the services available on our site;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to provide third parties with statistical information about our users. This information will not be used to identify any individual user.
We have updated the website to allow you to decide what information you give to us and what information we are able to collect about you.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We do not sell client data for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- You further acknowledge that any emails sent to a Sonn Macmillan Walker owned email address may be subject to monitoring, either by us, or by a third party service provider engaged by us to provide email services.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to have any personal data deleted, subject to the terms of any contract we may have with you. If we hold any personal data that is incorrect then you are entitled to have it rectified.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act and the EU General Data Protection Regulation give you the right to access information held about you. We do not charge a fee for access to your personal data. Please contact us by email at email@example.com should you wish to request access to such information or if you have any queries or concerns about our use of any personal data relating to you.
You have the right to be confident that we handle your personal information responsibly and in line with good practice. You are entitled to complain to us if you think that there is a problem with the way we handle your data and we will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve it with you. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you think there is a problem with the way we handle your personal data. You can do that here.